3G Network Map of India

Today, I received an interesting map on email, which displayed state wise 3G spectrum winners. If you look at it closely then you will notice one simply fact about 3G coverage- network fragmentation. As I pointed out in earlier post that no single operator has won PAN India 3G spectrum, the auction has left 3G coverage areas more fragmented. It simply means that you will have to wait longer to get seamless 3G network from one single operator. What’s way out? If TRAI’s M&A recommendations are accepted then we will likely to see Vodafone/Airtel buying mid-size operators like Aircel/Idea to go for PAN India 3G spectrum. That sounds more reasonable than buying PAN India 3G spectrum; especially for operators like Airtel.

{ 16 comments… add one }

• Chetan May 21, 2010, 7:42 pm

What’s way out ?
    Recall the days when operators didn’t have PAN India presence and were in sharing agreement with each other. Those days will be back w.r.t 3G.

• telecomblogs May 21, 2010, 8:10 pm

Actually roaming agreements among operators is history in 2G as some of them are having PAN India coverage. Those, who don’t have, will obviously continue with existing roaming (pre/postpaid) tie-ups.
    Basically roaming tie-ups in 3G will be there but unless there’s something radical M&A, operators will be reluctant to go for it. Reason: If we don’t have 3G in some state, we have 2G. Users will continue to get coverage after all.

• TheRohan June 11, 2010, 1:15 pm

Hey guys,

I am a mobile developer and received an email from Forum Nokia, inviting for a workshop to learn how to create Widgets and more about QT.

This workshop is on 16th June in Mumbai and we just have two days for registration. So just wanted to know if any one knows more about this workshop or has attended any such workshop before.

If anyone can share their experiences or thoughts in the same regards?

The link to their website that I received in the email was: http://www.codeofpartnership.com/agenda.html

Thanks in advance..

• telecomblogs June 12, 2010, 1:43 am

Seriously speaking, I would suggest you to attend it. Reason being- it’s an opportunity to tap in to Nokia Platform. These days Nokia is doing a bit more to encourage mobile developers to create apps for Ovi Store. Join it…

• Nokia_20440? October 14, 2010, 12:25 pm

So does this mean that Docomo is the only network with 3G in Goa?! I’d like either Vodafone or Idea though.

• telecomblogs October 15, 2010, 5:53 pm

No…Idea and Vodafone will be there….Of Course!

• Sean May 29, 2011, 11:17 pm

I will be buying the Samsung Galaxy SII shortly and am not sure which service provider to take for the 3g services in Mumbai. I have short listed it to Vodafone or Reliance. But still unsure which would be the better one out of all of the service providers. as i travel to Goa and Delhi regularly. What do you guys think???

• Venu July 8, 2011, 10:19 am

I have iPhone 3GS, I would like to connect to 3G network. I will be traveling in Karnataka and Andra Pradesh. Is it possible to connect to the 3G network in both states without roaming charges ?

• mohd faiz September 25, 2011, 10:40 am

up

• jerin March 4, 2012, 8:02 pm

I have nokia c5-03, i would like to connect to 3G network in kerala. so just wanted to know wherever available in kerala?

• telecomblogs March 13, 2012, 11:53 am

Could you please check it out with your own telecom service provider in Kerala?

• Prateek Swain- Somu September 25, 2012, 7:40 am

I purchased the new samsung galaxy tab2 but became confused that from which service provider will I take 3g connection. But I became surprised to know that there is no airtel 3g in Orissa

• Ashpak October 29, 2012, 12:26 pm

Hi,

I am using Nokia Lumia 610. with Airtel 2G, Can I go with 3G,
    I am staying at Belgaum 20kms away from city.
    How I can check that here 3G is available?
    Kindly suggest at my mail id: ashpakali_b@yahoo.com

• telecomblogs October 29, 2012, 4:33 pm

Hi Ashpak,

As far as my knowledge goes, Airtel has 3G Spectrum in K’taka. Why don’t you check it with local Airtel outlet?

• digital dreamz November 20, 2012, 4:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the informative maps but I would like to know if 3g coverage is there exactly near my house depending on which I would like to buy the 3g usb dongle for Internet.

Kindly let me if there is any option to find out the 3g coverage in a certain locality

Thanks

• Xenical August 11, 2014, 9:44 am

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing issues with your RSS.
    I don’t understand the reason why I cannot subscribe to it.
    Is there anyone else getting the same RSS issues? Anyhbody whho knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!